For newer vehicles, this option is best in order to retain factory features with minimal wiring. Best for people who don't plan to upgrade the original audio system. You can retain your factory touch screen behind the iPad by cutting a hole in Soundman iPad dash kit before installation as shown below, on our 2022 Chevy Silverado dash mod.
Below are three recommended ways of connecting an iPad to your OEM stereo. Most parts listed here can purchased from our Amazon Store.GOOD
Fast charger and Bluetooth
- Works with most Bluetooth compatible head units.
- Parts needed - Apple USB-C cable, Belkin 12 volt USB-C charger, female 12 volt cigarette lighter socket (needed to hide charger behind dashboard)
Fast charger and aux in
- Works with any OEM head unit that has an AUX input.
- Parts needed - Belkin Rockstar (USB-C or Lightning), Belkin 12 volt USB-C charger, Apple USB-C cable, 3.5mm aux cable, female 12 volt cigarette lighter socket (needed to hide charger behind dashboard)
- USB, if iPad charging is supported by your vehicle